Adobe Photoshop Lightroom software is the professional photographer’s essential toolbox, providing one easy application for managing, adjusting, and presenting large volumes of digital photographs so you can spend less time in front of the computer and more time behind the lens. So you can spend less time sorting and refining photographs, and more time actually shooting them. Its clean, elegant interface literally steps out of the way and lets you quickly view and work with the images you shot today, as well as the thousands of images that you will shoot over the course of your career. Because no two photographers work alike, Adobe Lightroom adapts to your workflow, not the other way around. Lightroom lets you view, zoom in, and compare photographs quickly and easily. Precise, photography-specific adjustments allow you to fine tune your images while maintaining the highest level of image quality from capture through output.And best of all, it runs on most commonly used computers, even notebook computers used on location.
Create incredible images that move your audience. Experiment fearlessly with state-of-the-art nondestructive editing tools. Easily manage all your images. And showcase your work in elegant print layouts, slide shows, and web galleries, as well as on popular photo-sharing sites. All from within one fast, intuitive application.
• Automatically organize photos using Smart Collections
• Work with high-quality previews of offline images from multiple libraries and drives
• Automatically import and process high-volume shoots
• Use custom keywords to organize photos Enhanced
• Automatically rename files on import and convert to universal Digital Negative (DNG) format
• Manage photos and volumes even when they’re offline
• Quickly find any photo with powerful sorting and filtering
• Apply custom presets to images on import/export
• Access and edit a comprehensive set of metadata fields
• Browse groups, compare photos, and zoom in on details
• Create virtual copies of photos to save hard-disk space
Correct, enhance, edit
• Target specific areas of a photo for dodging and burning
• Expand your workspace across multiple monitors
• Enjoy state-of-the-art 64-bit memory handling
• Tightly integrate with Adobe Photoshop
• Easily compare before and after versions of photos
• Precisely convert color to black and white
• Eliminate dust, specks, and red eye
• Retrace your editing steps to return to any version of a photo
Showcase your talent
• Easily transfer images to popular photo-sharing sites
• Access a rich community of export plug-ins and web gallery styles at the Lightroom Exchange
• Print more efficiently with flexible and customizable templates
• Create web galleries with no coding required
• Sharpen photos when you output to print or the web
• Stamp your photos with metadata on output
• Compose sophisticated slide shows with music
New Features in Lightroom 4:
* Highlight and shadow recovery brings out all the detail that your camera captures in dark shadows and bright highlights.
* Photo book creation with easy-to-use elegant templates.
* Location-based organization lets you find and group images by location, assign locations to images, and display data from GPS-enabled cameras.
* White balance brush to refine and adjust white balance in specific areas of your images.
* Additional local editing controls let you adjust noise reduction and remove moiré in targeted areas of your images.
* Extended video support for organizing, viewing, and making adjustments and edits to video clips.
* Easy video publishing lets you edit and share video clips on Facebook and Flickr®.
* Soft proofing to preview how an image will look when printed with color-managed printers.
* Email directly from Lightroom using the email account of your choice.
Minimum system requirements
Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon® 64 processor (either 32-bit or 64-bit)
Microsoft® Windows Vista® with Service Pack 2 or Windows 7 with Service Pack 1
2GB of RAM
1GB of available hard-disk space
Internet connection required for Internet-based services
Changes in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.1 RC:
New Camera Support:
* Canon EOS 5D Mark III
* Lightroom 4 did not properly open external applications when using the “Edit In” functionality.
* Point Curve adjustments made in Lightroom 3 have been restored.
* Addressed performance issues in Lightroom 4, particularly when loading GPS track logs, using a secondary monitor, and the controls within the Develop module.
* Ability to update DNG previews and metadata for more than 100 photos has been restored.
* This update allows for improved viewing of subfolders and stacks in folders with a large number of photos.
* It was possible that a layout of a saved book could be lost after quitting Lightroom 4.